Monday, March 7, 2011

"Tomorrow is the 8th of March. . ."

Today was a fun and adventurous day! We started off by touring the German Historical Museum. History doesn't excite me but I enjoyed it while we were there. 


The propaganda was interesting. This print depicts the "ideal German family." Notice the placement of certain members of the family and how it portrays the roles of each member of the family. 




Sissy! Your favorite father-in-law! 

This meal was in honor of my two perfect nephews and mother. nom nom. 

After we left the museum we were free to do what we please for the rest of the day. It was glorious. James Wesley, Christina, our tour guide, and I meandered together through the art district in west Berlin. We discovered some pretty cool places! 


Ruby, this photo is JUST for you. 


Graffiti is all over the place. Christina really likes it! 


I love the mixture of nature, destruction, and beauty in this photograph. All sorts of beautiful.

Okay, funny story: So there have been flower stands here and there while we've been here. Today, however, there seemed to be fresh flowers every 10 feet! At stopped at one point to take a picture and asked our tour guide why there were so many flowers. Her response? "Well tomorrow is the 8th of March." James Wesley, Christina, and I all just look at each other thinking, "well, duh!"So I said, ". . . .right. . .so why are there so many flowers?" Apparently March 8th is a day to celebrate women is much of Europe, especially Germany! It's almost like a mixture of Valentine's and Mother's Day except you celebrate all the girls in your life: mother, daughter, sister, girlfriend, wife (not both, obviously), friend, grandmother, etc. 



Charne, all the tulips made me think of you! 


This made me think of a certain drummer boy I know. B! 

Our cute tour guide hopped in the photo I was taking for Meggie (of the yellow flowers!).

Ping Pong in the park! Lakebottom needs this. 

Precious high school girls walking down the street with heart shaped balloons. 

Love. 

I think I enjoyed all the flowers a little too much. 

A large portion of my day is not photographically documented due to a certain tragedy that I do not wish to discuss. . .HOWEVER! The night ended perfectly with the following event: 

GERMAN CANDY! nom nom nom. 



Guess what we're eating for breakfast?
xoK





3 comments:

  1. kt!!!!! i love this and you!

    kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th Anniversary of International Women's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen!!! Thanks! I'm so glad you're reading this!

    Kate! Did you google that?!?! Thankks! Happy Women's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete